Latin Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
Plant Part: Leaf
Extraction: Steam Distillation
Properties: Analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiparasitic, antiseptic, antiviral, decongestant, digestive, expectorant, immune stimulant, insecticidal, neurotonic, stimulant, and tissue regenerative.
Primary Uses: –
- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Promotes a clear, healthy complexion
- Soothes minor skin irritations
- Helps purify and freshen the air
Home Uses: Abscesses, acne, asthma, athlete’s foot, blisters, bronchitis, burns, catarrh, colds, cold sores, coughs, cystitis, fever, flu, herpes, infections, insect bites, oily skin, pruritus, rashes, sinusitis, spots, thrush, tuberculosis, vaginitis, verrucae, warts, whooping cough, and wounds (infected).
Emotionally: The Oil of Energetic Boundaries – poor boundaries, co-dependent/parasitic relationships, toxicity
- Aromatic – diffuse or inhale the aroma directly
- Topical (Neat) – can be applied neat
- Internal – place 1-2 drops in a capsule. (I only recommend using dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil Internally, as they have been independently tested and certified pure and safe to use in this way).
Note type: Middle
Blend Classification: Enhancer and Equaliser
Blends well with: All citrus oils, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Rosemary and Thyme
CAUTIONS: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. Consult your physician if you are pregnant, nursing or under doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Take care for now,